1st Anniversary of LBC, Nine Baptisms, Two Discipleships Completed
Sunday, December 8 we celebrated the one-year anniversary of Love Baptist Church. We had a special service including testimonies from several people praising the Lord for using the church to transform their lives. Many people gave thanks to Jesus for saving them. Several families praised God for a church of sound doctrine near their home after they had prayed multiple years for one. Others were thankful for our discipleship program in which they have learned key Bible truths to build a solid foundation in their faith as well as receive personal guidance in their daily spiritual walk. Many also said they appreciate the love they experience for God and one another. This was our hope when naming the church.
Two young men were honored for completing their discipleship lessons. Four more people have recently started discipleship. Nine people were baptized including our two oldest daughters, Penelope and Scarlett. Our assistant pastor, John, his wife, and their five-month-old son, transitioned at the end of the year to go start Cross Baptist Church in another area of our city. We are thankful for three others (José, Manuel, and Rodrigo) who continue to train with us at Love to be future pastors and church planters.
Big Ask for Love B.C. Property Update
- Last month we asked you to pray for God to supply $125,000 for a property and the necessary renovations for a new permanent home for Love B.C. We have found three possible properties for purchase. By faith, we believe He will provide the funds soon.
- As a result of your prayers, the Lord has already blessed and has supplied $11,730!
- We are asking and believing God for the total funds by the end of March 2020.
- If you would like to get involved, you can send a check to Vision Baptist Missions (address below) noted: Love Baptist Chile. Thank you for your prayers and support!
- You could also give securely online at https://chileforchrist.com/give/
Upcoming Second Church Plant Update
We continue searching for a rental property for our upcoming second church plant here in Santiago. The search has been much more tedious than searching for a property to purchase because there are far fewer properties for rent than there are properties for sale. Please be praying for God to lead us to the right place, rent it, and begin holding services and outreach.